For several years I have been searching for the best chile pepper powders for my farmers market customers and web customers. I have established solid relationships with companies that provided consistant quality and best service.
The Peppahead store has shut down and I am happy to share these valuable resources with you. The listing below will be a work in progress for a while as I try to help you find the chiles you desire.
Need help, write me at:
Many of these companies offer a wide range of spices and blends beyond just chile peppers. So if you need something special for your kitchen spice pantry, be sure to explore their product list.
NOTE: Many companies add salt to their rubs and blends (something that I would not do). Salt is cheap and just adds weight to products, resulting in buying salt rather main ingredients. Look for products that have salt listed low on the ingredients list.Prices will vary, but many offer bulk pricing to save you some bucks $$$
* GREEN STORE NAMES HAVE LINKSJUST KEEP COOK'N
DRY CHILE SOURCES
My primary source sites that I want to share with you.
NEW MEXICAN SOURCES
* EL POTERO RADING POST:Down home store in Chimayo.Best source for top quality Chimayo,Big Jim and Sandia chiles. Specializing in heritage, sun-dried chiles, gifts and SW art. Place oders by friendly phone.
* THE CHILE SHOP: Dixon, Hatch Red, Hatch Geen, gourmet New Mexican foods and gifts.
* THE CHILE GUY: Hatch Red, Hatch Geen, Ghost Pepper and much more.ALL OTHER CHILES* AMERICAN SPICE CO:African Bird Pepper, Aji Panca, Aji Amarillo, plus more chiles, spices and blends.
* FIREHOUSE PANTRY STORE: A wide slection of World's Hottest Peppers plus more chiles, blends and spices.* MAGIC PLANT FARMS:Red SavinaChile plus a wide range of popular and regional chiles.
* THE MALA MARKET: High quality Chinese gourmet chiles and more.
* SAN FRANCISCO HERB CO: High quality bulk herbs, spices and chiles.
SPECIALTY FOOD SOURCES
* RANCHO GORDO: Napa, CA. Heirloom Beans and Posole along with a wonderful selection of spices and other unique products. Also offering cooking guides and recipes for their products. * SAN FRANCISCO HERB CO: High quality herbs, spices, blends, spice jars and essential oils at exceptional prices. Bulk available–Excellent service!
* WHOLE SPICE: Napa, CA. An extensive list of fresh blends and spices from A to Z; bulk available. Exceptional quality.
* SONOMA SPICE QUEEN: Based in Petaluma, California, Sonoma Spice Queen is a purveyor of hand-crafted organic spice mixes and rubs.* THE MALA MARKET: If you like to cook Chinese dishes you should visit this site. Premium products and America's source for authenic Sichuan chiles, spices and sauces, Sichuan pepper peppercorns and long-aged Pixian chili bean paste. I can't say enough to praise their efforts to make our taste buds happy.* STARLIGHT HERB AND SPICE: Starlight offers over 120 varieties of premium quality dried herbs & spices. Packaging perfect for gifts. * REAL WASABI: Are you a Wasabi lover? Here's the real deal! Fresh Wasabi Rhizomes and Genuine Wasabi Products.
* KALUSTYANS: A worldwide selection of products for gourmet cooks exploring ethnic food.
* LOS CHILEROS DE NEW MEXICO: Numerous chiles plus gourmet New Mexican foods and recipes.
* MEXGROCER.COM: An online grocery store for authentic Mexican food, Mexican recipes, cookbooks, tips, utensils.
* IMPORTFOOD.COM Fresh Thai food groceries, cookware and recipes. Shipped from USA location.* SKS BOTTLE & PACKAGING: A supplier of glass and plastic containers with a full line of hot sauce bottles and spice jars.
* BBQ OYSTER GRILL: For perfect BBQ oysters, use BBQ Oyster Grill shellfish cooking racks, the best solution for grilling oysters and other shellfish. His FAQ page will be very helpful.